Many times bloggers craft excellent entries all about their triumphs, strengths, positive traits, amazing things they've learned or done - all-around, pat-me-on-the-back posts. I think I fall into that category some of the time. Maybe you think more often than not.
Truth is, I'm a punk just like everyone else. I whine. I cry. I pout. I say not-so-nice things. Am I proud of any of these things? Not for one nano-second any day of the week. But, it happens. I'd like to hope it's not a lot. Problem is, when my punk comes out to play, it's generally directed at those I love the most.
Why is that? Why do we do this?
I wish I could answer that. And I wish that one night, I would pray for God to take the punk away and it would be gone forever. But, I'm human. And punk likes to hang around at inopportune times.
So . . . I apologize. Thankfully, those who love me and try really hard to understand me, usually forgive me. Not always immediately. And that's okay.
I may post encouraging stories. I have a lot. I may post funny things. I'm quite funny. Sometimes I post sad things too. I've got some experience there.
But I think it's important to remember that every person has the side that very few people see. Call it what you want - mean, jerk, or other four-letter words. I call it punk. It's important to acknowledge it, ask forgiveness from those who are on the receiving end - and just wake up and try all over again to put the punk in the corner.
Mine got a swift kick there tonight. Cheers to a punkless Thursday.
No comments:
Post a Comment