People always talk about enjoying every moment with your kids.
They grow up so fast.
It seems like they were born yesterday.
You'll blink and they'll be off to college.
Yeah, I agree. It's important. It goes FAST. Granted, I'm still at the beginning of the journey, but I have no idea where the last 5 plus years have gone.
But . . . what about everyone else? Our parents, siblings, significant others, friends? What about those moments? I think so many of us focus on the kids because after 18 years, they aren't in our homes anymore. They are still in our lives. Will those other people be in our lives in 18 years? Maybe. Maybe not. Unfortunately (or fortunately, really) we don't know our timeline or anyone's, for that matter. But we shouldn't limit our "moments" to our kids.
I continue to be amazed at the number of people in my life who love me, are important to me and who I want to make sure they know are loved by me too.
One of those people recently added a song to my playlist. A song with the following chorus:
Life is short, let's go live it
Ain't no time for wasting time
Days like these - they go by way too fast
Yeah, days like these - you wanna make 'em last
I couldn't agree more. Here's to more moments with everyone. Let's go live it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment