This Crazy Beautiful Life.
That's an absolutely intentional blog title. My life is crazy. And beautiful. I remember sitting on the beach on Sanibel Island two years ago this month talking to a good friend about looking forward to a life that I just knew would be crazy and beautiful. We laughed - partly because it was funny to both of us, and partly because we both really believed it would be true.
I spent the last week on vacation. A long road trip to Oklahoma. A shortened stay in Kansas City, due to a snowstorm. Lots of movies, good food and fun. It was a crazy beautiful trip. And, no, I don't need a comma. Crazy beautiful is my term.
Why crazy? I stayed on an Air Force Base for the first time in my life. I laughed until I almost cried at an exit in Kansas for "Cattle Pens", which, aptly led to - cattle pens. A gas explosion occurred down the street from the restaurant we'd been planning to eat at (which was, therefore, closed) just a few hours before our arrival. Again - the snow storm. This is a severely shortened list. But there was some crazy.
Why beautiful? Southern Kansas, especially the stretches with no visible roads and houses, was just that - beautiful. The Oklahoma City Memorial and Museum. Amazing. Meeting new - and old - friends, always great. Spending the entire week with someone I love - when our time together is usually limited - the best part.
And at the end of the trip, coming home to a crazy dog and two wildly crazy munchkins. Yeah. All good.
Last of all, February is almost over. So far, so good. Time for crazy beautiful sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment