I thought my love story was over. I had my chance - I lived it for a bit - and then it was gone. I still had two amazing munchkins, a wonderful family, and the most fabulous friends anyone could ask for. After a chunk of time had passed, I remember thinking that could be enough. I didn't really want it to be enough, but I would do just fine if that's what I was given. And I would be happy. It was a lot. It was more than so many people have. So I decided to be grateful for what I had, and simply have hope that maybe what I couldn't see - the future - would hold something great.
I think it's normal to base your understanding of what certain words mean - like love - on your past experiences. So, trying to describe what's happened this past year is difficult for me. Because I can't really understand it, much less describe it.
I met, without question, the most amazing person I've ever known. I feel like every step of my life up to the day I met him, happened exactly as it did in order for us to meet at the right time, in the right place, with the right life experiences to make us who we both are today. To make him everything that I need and to make me everything that he needs. Had any of our steps been different, or had we met years in the past, I'm not sure we would have what we have now. But what we have now, is worth every frustration, every tear, every fear, everything.
No one is perfect. No one. No relationship is perfect. Nope. Perfection does not exist. But it is possible for two people to be perfect for each other - exactly what the other person needs. I understand that now. And only now.
Out of respect for this man, and - honestly - in order to keep the mushiness at a tolerable level, I won't dish specifics. :) I just wanted a chance to say - maybe to others who need to hear it - it's out there. It does exist. And a chance to tell the man I love how much he means to me. I'm still trying to find the words that come close to conveying that . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment