Monday, January 21, 2013

The Boat?

This is one of my favorite quotes that I regularly see on Pinterest:





















I suppose if you haven't seen Finding Nemo, you now think I'm inappropriate. Rest assured, I'm not. The "butt" is the "boat". Have the courage to touch the boat. Swim across the open sea and smack the boat with your fin. That's what Nemo did. Of course, he was then captured by a scuba diver and put in a dentist's fish tank, but I digress . . . 

What's your butt . . . er, boat? What are you afraid of? What is the worst thing in the world that you can possibly imagine happening in your life? Can you face it? Handle it? Likely - you can, but only if you're forced to.

The hard truth is on the other side of those "worst things" is - sometimes - the good stuff. Not always. And I'm definitely not a fan of friends, family, even strangers, going through the "worst things". But for me, I've seen that hard truth.

I don't want to see any more "worst"s. But I will. We all will. That's life. And I've realized that how I handle the "worst"s - from beginning to end - really defines who I am. So, if a little clown fish can touch the butt/boat, I can try to face my fears head on too, right? I mean, the clown fish was fictional, and I'm . . . not, but it's a good start. :)

C'mon, let's go touch the butt!

(Sorry, Mom.)

Let's go touch the boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment