Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What I Understand, Part Deux

I'm now a few months older than I was upon penning the first "What I Understand" post. So, read on. Learn from my wisdom. And recently highlighted gray (read = white) hairs.

1. See the original.

2. Forgive. This may take some effort. And time. Do it anyway. It's good for you.

3. Do something that you fear as often as you can. I hate this one. But it's good stuff.

4. Walk. Or run. Or lift weights. Or visualize exercising. If that's what it takes to start. You will feel better. Not at first, so don't call me and yell in the first week. Or month. Or two . . .

5. Munchkins learn lessons, how to act, how to respond, words to say . . . from what you say and do. Not from what you tell them to say and do. Be who and what you want them to be.

6. Listen to people around you. Smile at them if they need it. Compliment them if you want to. People, even on their bad days, are very, very interesting. And you will get awesome party stories if you do this consistently.

7. Give the people you love the benefit of the doubt as much as you possibly can.

8. Stop worrying. Just stop it. Now. It does you zero good.

9. Make new friends. Where you work. Where you shop. Where you live. Pumping gas . . . you get the picture. Again, people are cool.

10. Take every blog list of "things to do" with a grain of salt. Some will fit. Some won't. I may have wisdom, but I'm not Morgan Freeman.

Now move along. Try it out. Go out and buy a spider tomorrow. Or maybe just walk under a ladder. Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment