Wednesday, February 19, 2014

20 (or so) Questions

What I should be doing is going to bed. Or already sleeping. But I'm not. My evenings usually go something like this:

What should I FEED the munchkins?
Did I feed the dog? Did I give her water?
Is the laundry under control?
Does older munchkin have homework?
Who has dance tonight? Or tomorrow? Are dance clothes ready?
Did I pack lunches?
Are there enough clean dishes for tonight? Tomorrow?
What am I running out of around the house?
Do we have enough food for tomorrow? Milk?
Did I spend enough time with the munchkins tonight? Was I kind?
Did we read?
Did they get pjs on? Go potty? Brush teeth?
What workout do I have tonight?
Is there anything for the wedding I should do tonight?
Do I have bills to pay?
Is tomorrow a preschool payday? Is bus money due? Is hot lunch money due?
Do I have to pack tonight to travel anywhere tomorrow?
What didn't I do that I'm completely forgetting?

This is every night. Every one. It's why I'm writing a blog post at 11:00 pm. My poor little blog is neglected. I don't want to complain that I'm overwhelmed or too busy or too anything. Because all of the above questions are in my life for GOOD reasons. I have food to feed my kids. I have kids that I adore. I have a house. With a washer and dryer. And dishwasher. And a crazy dog. And a job to pay my bills. And an awesome little town with a great dance program run by one of my friends. And an amazing man I get to marry. And a car to take me places I need to go. And a (semi) sane mind to organize all of these thoughts.

So now that I've put some words down, it's time to scrape myself off the couch and finally go to bed. To get up tomorrow and start again. My crazy beautiful life. Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment